CAT Course Details
Appraised as the mother of all MBA entrance exams, Common Admission Test (CAT) is national-level management entrance examination conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) on a rotational basis, CAT 2019 was conducted by IIM Calcutta successfully on 25th of November 2019. CAT is the leading examination to admission into all the 20 IIMs. Apart from the 20 IIMs, CAT scores are used for admission into hundreds of top MBA colleges including FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, JBIMS Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, IITs, IMT, IMI, XIMB, TAPMI, IFMR Chennai and others as their key admission criteria.
The key aspect regarding CAT exam syllabus 2019 is that there is no repetition of CAT questions in any CAT exam although difficulty level of the questions in CAT exam would remain like the examination pattern. Past tendencies showcase that CAT exam syllabus and pattern tests the overall skill level of the candidate in:
1.Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
3.Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning.
Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Eligibility criteria for CAT 2019
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC, ST and PWD/DA category).
- Percentage obtained in bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on practice followed by the concerned university/institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion would be based on the process defined by the concerned university/ institution.
- In absence of any percentage conversion scheme, candidate’s CGPA will be divided by maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification are also eligible to apply for CAT.
- If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate within the stipulated date.
On the test day
1.Carry Your Admit Card
2.Identity Proof: Among the instructions, it is also mentioned for the candidates to bring any one of their photo identity proof. The list includes Passport, PAN Card, Voter
3.ID, UID card, Driver’s license, employer’s identification card, college ID (this must be supported with a valid Credit/Debit Card with your name).
Calculator: Since you will be able to access the on-screen calculator, Calculators are not allowed on the test.
4.You are not permitted to carry any documents like mark sheets or even blank papers to the test, doing so will be termed as violation of the CAT rules.
5.CAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT), where you are required to carry minimum stationery items. You will be provided with a pencil and a scratch sheet to do any rough work. It is advisable to take only a pen and pencil for the test.
6.Watch or Timer: The CAT computer system will have an on-screen timer to let you know how much time is left to complete the section, hence have a track on the timer to have a focused calculative approach to each question.
7.No bags, purses or Phone: No bags or mobile phones are allowed inside the test centre.
8.No Mehndi: On the day of the test, your digital fingerprint scan will be captured. Your fingerprints cannot be digitally scanned due to reasons like applying Mehndi/henna /any cosmetic colours etc., will not be permitted to take the test.
Which is the best CAT Coaching Centre in Hyderabad?
There are a number of institutions for CAT Coaching in Hyderabad, Choose the best that matches your criteria. Quality comes with a price. Getting a good score in CAT.